Filed under Homemaking Eating and Mealtime
We’re not traveling far to get to today’s link. At the same women’s meeting that Mom referenced yesterday, Carolyn McCulley spoke to our single ladies about “The Walk of Faith.”
But it doesn’t matter if you’re single or married: we all need to hear this message! Carolyn draws lessons of faith from the lives of four women of the Bible: Sarah, Rahab, Rebekah and Abigail. She also introduces a dear mutual friend who is currently walking in faith as she battles cancer.
You can hear the testimony and the message and download Carolyn’s outline here.
Oh, and to encourage practical expressions of faith, the single women received a bookmark too. Here are “10 Ways to Do Good to Others” (Galatians 6:10).
- Show up at a friend’s workplace with her favorite drink and a magazine.
- Invite a family over for a dessert and game night.
- Arrange a “welcome home” party at the airport for a traveling friend.
- Pray for a verse to encourage a friend and put it in a note.
- Put together a get-well basket for a sick friend.
- Mail a coffee-shop gift certificate to a friend to initiate time of fellowship.
- Babysit for a mom with young kids.
- Coordinate friends to pray—one per day—for someone going through a trial.
- Prepare a tea for neighbors or coworkers and invite friends from church.
- Call a friend out of the blue to tell her why you’re grateful for her friendship.