Filed under Homemaking Eating and Mealtime
Today’s itinerary takes us to Sovereign Grace Church in Fairfax, Virginia—Steve and Nicole’s church.
On a recent Saturday their women’s ministry hosted a morning for all the women of the church and Nicole was one of the speakers. Janelle and I made the 45-minute trek over to hear her message and to cheer her on. (Kristin wanted to go too, but was unable due to her schedule that day.) Nicole’s topic that morning was, “She Does Him Good,” derived from Proverbs 31:12. And of course I’m biased, but I think every wife who listens to this message will be freshly encouraged and challenged in her marriage.
You can download the message and the outline here.
Also, to complement the teaching topic that morning, the women received bookmarks with “10 Ways To Do Your Husband Good.” Here are their creative suggestions:
10 Ways to Do Your Husband Good (Proverbs 31:12)
- Write him a love note and place it in his sock drawer.
- Take an entire evening to enjoy his favorite hobby with him.
- Show up at work with a special drink or take him to lunch.
- Encourage him for demonstrating a specific godly trait—in front of friends.
- Arrange a datenight at his favorite restaurant.
- Pray for him today and tell him you are doing so.
- Surprise him with his favorite dessert after dinner.
- Greet him in an extra-special way when he comes home from work.
- Lead the children in a time of honoring him.
- Ask him: “What is one way I can be a better wife?” Then do it!