Filed under Motherhood
So I’m starting to make summer plans for my boys—at least, as much as I can with six month old baby Claire—and one of my goals is to help my kids make progress in Scripture memory. That’s why I’m such a big fan of Seeds Family Worship. They take key verses for kids, and set them to music that is easy on this mom’s ears and gets my boys singing Scripture at the top of their lungs. What could be better?
As a matter a fact, it does get better, because Seeds Family Worship has just released a new cd, Seeds of Character, and they have begun using the English Standard Version of the Bible. Now my boys can memorize the songs using the same version they read each day and hear each Sunday. Yeah!
We here at girltalk are excited to be the last stop on a blog tour to introduce the new Seeds of Character album. This means we get to premier one of the songs from the new album in a special video, recorded just for us. Our song is “Children and Fathers” and it is from some oft-repeated verses in the Chesemore house, Ephesians 6:1-4 (you know what it says!).
Here’s the lineup for the new cd:
1. More Than Conquerors (Romans 8:37)
2. The Wages and The Gift (Romans 3:23 & 6:23)
3. The Life (John 14:6, 1 John 5:11-12)
4. The Fruit (Galatians 5:16 & 22)
5. Delight (Psalm 1)
6. Teach Them (Deuteronomy 6:4-7)
7. The Perfect Example (John 13:12-17)
8. Children and Fathers (Ephesians 6:1-4)
9. Put On Love (Colossians 3:12 & 14a)
10. The Character Song (Romans 5:1-5)
11. Give Thanks (Psalm 105:1-5)
12. The Only Way (The New Testament Song) [all the books of the NT]
We have TEN copies of the new Seeds of Character cd to give away. So contact us and tell us one way that you help your kids to memorize Scripture. The contest will end by 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (June 1) and we’ll pick the winners and post their ideas on the blog later in the day.
To purchase Seeds of Character or any of the Seeds albums, please visit their website.
Because seriously, how can you improve on Scripture for your kid’s summer soundtrack?