Janelle was having a cookout a few weeks ago and asked me what she should have Mikey grill. When I told her ribs were easy to prepare, she didn’t believe me. But then she tried this recipe and discovered her big sister was right once again. If you don’t have a plan for your Memorial Day cookout yet, give these ribs a try. They are super yummy, and yes, Janelle, super easy too!
(We use reviewer Bonnie12’s instructions, which is first when you sort by “Most Helpful.” And then we slather the ribs with Bulls Eye or Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce)
Simple BBQ Ribs
- 2 1/2 pounds country style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Place ribs in a large pot with enough water to cover. Season with garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Bring water to a boil, and cook ribs until tender.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Remove ribs from pot, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour barbeque sauce over ribs. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).