Here is our new favorite side dish that we served with brats as part of this past Sunday’s Father’s Day menu. It should be noted that Nicole and Mom prefer to substitute (extra) cilantro for the parsley. Oh, and you can add shredded chicken to make this a main course. Add yummy rolls and it makes a perfect summer meal!
- 1 box couscous, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 limes, juiced
In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients except the olive oil and lime juice. Add olive oil and lime juice right before serving.