Here’s the recipe I use for the turkey that will grace our table on Thanksgving Day:
The World’s Best Turkey Recipe
Original Recipe Yield 1 (12 pound) turkey
* 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 2 apples, cored and halved
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2/3 bottle champagne [I use sparkling apple cider instead]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Gently loosen turkey breast skin, and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast. Place apples inside the turkey’s cavity. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place turkey in a roasting bag, and pour champagne over the inside and outside of the bird. Close bag, and place turkey in a roasting pan.
3. Bake turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (85 degrees C) when measured in the meatiest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from bag, and let stand for at least 20 minutes before carving.
I also cook two turkey breasts in crockpots so we have plenty of meat for sandwiches the next day:
1 sm. to med. turkey breast
1 stick butter
Wash and pat dry turkey breast. Season lightly with salt. Place in crockpot with 1 stick of butter. Turn on low for 10-12 hours. Great to do overnight). Very moist!
Together with our favorite sides we enjoy this meal with much gratefulness to God our Savior!